Multiple award-winning Afrofusion pioneer, Burna Boy has been nominated in this year’s American Music Awards under the new category, “Favorite Afrobeats Artiste”, slated for November 12, 2022 at the Microsoft Theater, California, USA — alongside other Nigerian acts: Wizkid, Tems, Fireboy, and Ckay.
Recently presented with the Member of the Order of the Federal Republic (MFR) by President Muhammadu Buhari — a National Honors Award given to individuals who through their profession, have impacted the nation positively; and currently on his ‘Love, Damini’ tour which has seen the incredibly gifted artist tour and sell out concerts in cities in Canada, Europe and the US, his widely acclaimed sixth studio project, “Love, Damini” boasts of the incredibly successful single ‘Last Last’ which is #1 on popular US radio station, Urban Radio, recently hit 300 million global streams while ‘For My Hand’ featuring British singer, Ed Sheeran hit 150 million global streams.
The 2022 American Music Awards Fan voting opens: Thursday, October 13, 2022 and closes: Monday, November 14, 2022.
How to vote:
- Voters to vote via the voting website – VoteAMAs.com
- Voters to post a tweet from their Twitter account with ALL of the following elements:
- Nominated Song Name OR Nominated Artist Name OR Nominated Album Name
- Official Category Name as listed above or as denoted HERE #AMAs
- RTs of valid votes also count as a vote.
- Vote Limit: Fans can vote 22 times per day per category per voting method
I’m voting for Burna Boy for Favorite Artiste of the Year at the #AMAs.
For more information