Bose Ogulu is an academic, businesswoman, manager, and founder of Spaceship Collective – home to Spaceship Records (an entertainment label) and Spaceship Publishing (a publishing outfit).
Here are 5 interesting things about Bose Ogulu:
1. Bose is a polyglot as she is fluent in five languages – English, French, German, Italian and Yoruba.
2. Bose Ogulu taught French for 10years at the University of Education in Port Harcourt before retiring in 2018.
3. Bose Ogulu is the mother and manager of Grammy-nominated singer, Burna Boy and fast-rising act, Nissi.
4. At the SoundCity MVP Awards Festival in 2018, after receiving an award on behalf of her son, Burna Boy she said “them say he dey craze, he no normal. Thank you for 2018, expect more madness”.
5. At the 2019 BET Awards, she stood in for Burna Boy to collect the award for Best International Act and gave a speech reminding African-Americans to remember “you were Africans before you became anything else” which culminated in a standing ovation.